Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

'The Winnie-the-Pooh Collection' - Book Review(s)

So, recently I read 'The Winnie-the-Pooh Collection', re-reading: 'Winnie-the-Pooh and 'Now We Are Six', and reading for the first time: 'When We Were Very Young' and 'The House at Pooh Corner'; all of these are by A.A. Milne.  I wrote quick reviews of all four books on Goodreads, so I thought I would do a post with all four reviews in it. Here we go:

'Winnie-the-Pooh':
I just love this book! Everything about it is wonderful! I remember the first time I read it. Being fans of Pooh Bear for years, we found the original novel in our library and borrowed it. I fell in love with the story. I've probably re-read it two or three times, and each time I remember something that I forgot since the last time I read it and I smile all over again! Not only one of my favorite children books, but one of my favorite books! I just really, really love it! The characters are so sweet and funny. The Hundred Acre Wood seems like such a peaceful, ideal place to live. Like I said, I love everything about it! 5 out of 5 stars! 

'Now We Are Six':

Such a cute, quick, easy read! I really enjoyed it! I remember my brother finding an copy in our library and we bought it for $.25. We read it, but we were only interested in finding poems which included Pooh (or I was, anyway. He probably was, too). I was secretly a little disappointed because the book wasn't just about Pooh Bear. But, now that I've read it again, I really enjoyed a lot of the little poems. Definitely will be reread by me in the future! 5 stars!

'When We Were Very Young':

Really enjoyed this one. I think I like this one more then 'Now We Are Six'. Super cute poems and I have to say that my favorite one was the one about the fat teddy bear (also known as Pooh). 5 out of 5! 

'The House at Pooh Corner':
Oh, my, goodness! This book was fantastic! This was the first time I read this book. I really enjoyed meeting Tigger for the first time, (well, in the books anyway), and relating all of the events in the book to events that happened in the movies. The end was bittersweet, as are all of the endings in the 'Pooh' books. Really love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment