Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

SCARLET by Marissa Meyer - Book Review

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to start off by saying, that I didn't like this as much as 'Cinder'.  At first, I loved it, but by the end, it just...Idk...it...I don't even know how to describe it.  But, it was still a very good read, and I did really like it.  It just was not as good as 'Cinder'.

The characters are really cool!  I love the character of Scarlet, and at times the character of Wolf.  I happen to like Wolf's character better than Kai's, btw.  And of course, we have Cinder.  She's just as great as in the first book, even if she is a fugitive now.  And 'Captain' Carswell Thorne is so funny!  I really like having his character in the book.  He's hilarious.

The plot was interesting, intriguing, but maybe, I felt like Marissa Meyer took a little too long to finish the story.  I think, that maybe, it could have been done in a slightly shorter book.

Altogether, I enjoyed this book, but it didn't leave me as excited for the next one, 'Cress' as I would've liked.  Now, I just don't have the same anticipation for 'Cress', as I did for 'Scarlet (but since I bought - in ebook form - I guess I'll read it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment